UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-More Controversy...You Know Me!








Submission is one of those incredibly sticky and controversy filled subjects. "But submission is only for married women!" Yeah, not so much. I'm assuming a great portion of you are single (as I am), so don't exit out of this post just yet! 

Often submission is portrayed as an overbearing, ogre of a man who walks all over his wife, sits eating Cheetos while his wife cleans around him, wiping the running nose of a screaming child. Except this isn't what submission is about! I struggle with submission every single day, whether it's submission to my father, or mother. I have an....shall I be nice to myself and call it an "independent spirit"? Through prayer and relying on God I've gotten better, but I'm far from perfect at it. 

I believe the struggle for headship and control started in the garden of Eden. Eve decided to take control and tell Adam what to eat. The end result was sin being introduced, yes. But also the struggle for control. 

There's a difference between submitting and being a doormat. Feminism teaches that we're equal to a man, in that aspect I agree. But where my beliefs differ from a feminist, is the whole "We're equal, so that means you can't ever tell me what to do." Yep, that's where we differ! You wouldn't say the president is "better" than everyone else, yet we submit to him every day in the form of laws and rules. 
Why are fathers and husbands any different? 

Submission is two people, equal in intelligence and importance, yet completely different in their roles and headship. 

Not two people, one inferior the other superior. 

                   What do you think? 

I'm wearing-Purple V-neck shirt from Rue 21 $3//Thrifted Tribal Print Skirt $3//Black Murices belt-came with a dress//brown winter sketchers boots $45

5 comments:

  1. Yes sister Independent Spirit, we have something in common!
    -Margaret
    http://happyinheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this post, great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Men and women are equal, but just have different roles in headship. 1 Cor 11 talks a lot about headship. "But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God."
    "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. 10For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. 11Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. 12For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God."
    My mom says, "the more hair, the more power on your head"

    I don't understand headship entirely, but who you're headship is will show. Black clothes with chains, piercings, and tattoos is obvious who their headship is.

    I heard it preached once that the reason ladies should have long hair because of headship and their hair being a symbol of the submission and beauty for their man. Kind of like the bride submits to God with beauty and glory unto Him. It can't be a coincidence that 1 Corinthians starts off talking about headship, and intertwines a head of hair with it.

    I know some people think a little cloth is supposed to be worn as a covering, but I think anyone can see Paul was talking about hair when he said covering: "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."
    "For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered." Covered more or less means long hair else the Jewish ladies got it made because they cover their head...by wearing a beautiful wig (I'm not joking) Talk about traditions of men making the law of God of none effect. Ladies ought to not be cutting off their hair, but wearing it as a glory for their man. My grandpa told me how angry he was when my grandma bobbed her hair off. All that beauty gone, disregarding his headship. All he wanted was for her good, and she wanted her way regardless.

    If a man is submitted to God, then a women ought to be submitted to her head, and most times she will be submitted regardless of the man. It just shows how shallow a man is when he directs his wife dress like a sexy harlot instead of with beauty, honor, and godliness. Not her fault; his shame and sin. A women's clothes will testify of who her head is, and who she's getting her example from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and your outfit is beautiful. I really like the color combinations, and contrasting a crazy cool skirt with a solid colored top, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel baldy I haven't commented much on your blog but I have been reading it for years and have watched you grow and mature and it has been wonderful.

    When it comes to my own marriage, I certainly voice my own opinion, but then again my husband asks for it often times. We discuss together and come to decisions together. I submit to him because he shows me Jesus' love and certainly treats me the way Jesus loves the church. There have been many people I have known who have submitted to their husbands where it has hurt them and where the man doesn't want to hear where they might be wrong. Mine is open to hearing how he himself may need growth and he bears much humility. A lot of husbands want to lead their wives by controlling them and I don't think that is what submission is about. I am fond of how my husband runs our home. He has final say but hears me out and treats me properly and lovingly. I never saw that in my own home as a child. I think that is why I always had a hard time obeying my parents half the time because it was just so disfunctional. I obeyed my mom the majority of the time though who was working towards obedience of Christ while my dad was not. . .and I took the whole, "Obey your parents in the Lord for this is right." - Ephesians 6:1 to meaning that as your parents are doing the Lord's will and are working towards obeying HIM, then I need to obey. If it is something that is not for the benefit of the Lord or not to protect me as Christ does, then I didn't find it worthy of submitting to. I was very defiant and was not living in the Lord myself though in much of those moments. Anyway, so yeah, that's just how I see it. Love your outfit and the colors!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days