UA-36183330-1

What I Wear-Do We Hate Children?

I'm wearing-Striped black and grey blazer-thrifted $3.99//Mint green shirt-Rue 21 $3//Black flared skirt-thrifted $3.99//Gladiator sandals-6PM $? 



Have you ever just stopped and observed how society today treats children? 

It's saddening to see (obviously) worn out moms who are yelling at their children for seemingly trivial things. Is raising your voice in discipline ever the answer? And I'm talking screaming, not just trying to get their point across. 
Now, I don't want to get into the whole "It's the parents job to discipline the child" discussion. I'll save that for someone else. I realize that I'm not an authority on parenthood, or children. But, I do have a perspective to share that differs from the norm (apparently). 

I'm looking forward to being a wife and mom some day, and it sort of irks me to see people taking advantage of their blessing. How can they throw away a precious life simply because it inconveniences them? Children are no longer seen as a blessing, but a curse! It truly breaks my heart to see the way society now looks on children, nothing but a roadblock. One or two, heaven forbid we have more! 
To mold the character and personality of a little human is, in my opinion, the hardest job on the planet. 

What's the point of this post? 
It's time to stop treating children as a nuisance. The Bible never says "children are a necessary evil, so they can populate the world when they're older and useful." Actually, God uses words like: blessing (Psalm 127:3-5) a heritage and reward (Psalm 127:3) even that the kingdom of heaven belongs to children:

Matthew 19:13-14
"Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

To my fellow single gals-cherish the little people in your life. Whether it be siblings, or a friend's child. Make an effort to show them they're loved. 

To my married ladies-love those kiddos! Cherish very minute you have with them, don't ever take them for granted. Encourage more than you correct. 
 
And I leave you with this verse: 

Matthew 21:16
"Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, 'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise.'" 

7 comments:

  1. Cool thoughts, Natasha. I don't know about the cases you've seen, but sometimes these "trivial" things are an ongoing thing that the mom keeps telling them not to do. But yeah, I agree! Children are a blessing, and I cannot wait for my own someday! Like I said, cool thoughts!

    Love,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I totally understand many of those kids may be misbehaving, but I don't think raising your voice is ever the answer. But maybe that's just me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! I like your blazer. :)
    Good thoughts on cherishing children! :) Interestingly enough, my mom and our friend have just been talking about disciplining kids. Heh-heh! Children definitely need discipline, but parents (and babysitters...*cough*) should be careful with controlling their anger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your necklace! And the background of the pictures with the mountains.
    I hope I am lucky enough to have a husband and a houseful of children someday. I don't like yelling and can't imagine it would be beneficial to my children so I plan to use more quiet and gentle methods of child rearing/disciplining.
    Jenny K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! Especially the color combo. :) It must be warm there! I agree with you 100%. I hope I will always have self control and patience, not just with children, but everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit!

    And YES! Children are SO priceless and precious. As someone who has struggled with miscarriage and infertility, nothing hurt me more than hearing parents complain about their kids. Now that I am expecting my first bundle of blessing and cuteness in September, I pray that I will always keep that perspective, even on the hard days. :-)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! Just a tip from a photographer :) (btw, love the skirt) It would TOTALLY enhance you and your outfits more if you found a nice(r) background, did some editing and then posted them on your blog. (hint) Try some woods shots (if you have woods) brighten+contrast your pictures and they will look really great. Attempt to stay AWAAAAAYYYYY from ALL inside shots. Just a little advice....

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is welcome here and I LOVE hearing from my readers! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I will try to get back as soon as possible with you if you ask a question, however if you'd like you may also email me at Atkersonfamily@aol.com

Here are a few comment guidelines:
This is an open discussion, being so, I'm open to other people's opinions! However, please keep the discussion nice and if you'd like to critique something, please do it tactfully! I.E-instead of "I hate that outfit!" putting, "I think the outfit is a bit miss matched, however I like ___."
Your comments are so appreciated-you rock!
-Natasha
Proverbs 3:5-6

Search This Blog

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pageviews In Last 30 Days